Saturday, August 27, 2011

Why the tab trumps the pad

I'm not really a gadget-freak. In fact I'm far from being one. Since the only gadget that features in my life and without which I feel like a part of me is missing, is my Android phone - a humble but immensely useful Samsung Galaxy 551 at that.
Ever since I made the wise decision of acquiring an Android phone instead of a Blackberry or any other smartphone, my life hasn't been the same. Now almost everything is available at my finger tips and I don't even need to approach my desktop to surf the net. Hundreds of apps on the Android market make life easier for me- whether it's a word I want to look up in a dictionary or a new song I want to download or a Google search I want to run or a chat on gtalk I want to have, the centre of my being and all that I need fits in the small of my palm. But there are times when I feel a device with a larger screen like a tablet pc might have helped me better since I don't have a laptop. Especially when I'm reading e-books (that too on the miniature phone screen) or searching for information while studying on my bed or at times when typing on the minuscule touch screen becomes a bit tiring.
And naturally since I'm already an Android user, I'm likely to be in favor of any Android tablet.
This is where my lusting after a Samsung Galaxy Tab -750 comes into play.
But before I begin explaining what's so great about the Samsung Galaxy tab let me ask you....



......who wouldn't want this baby in their right minds?


  1. Lighter and Slimmer :- At a mere 565 grams and 8.6 mm depth, the Galaxy tab is the lightest and the thinnest of them all, tablet pcs I mean. Not only will it be extremely easy to carry it around with you on the go but it could easily fit in your bag and not add significantly to the weight. It beats the iPad in the weight and depth department, which comes at a 601-607 grams and a depth of 8.8 mms.
  2. Processing speed:- It has a 1 Ghz Dual Core processor which means you can effectively multi-task without any risk of your Android OS acting up or applications freezing all of a sudden. It will also be possible to switch between various windows without halting any of the processes running in the background. Convenient eh? Now there's a higher chance for you to reach the next level of the game you were so engrossed in, without your device hanging up.
  3. Multimedia:- A lot of websites we browse are enabled with multimedia content. Galaxy tab includes the very important Adobe flash player support which helps you to view such content without a glitch. Point to be noted is this kickass feature is missing in the iPad. 
  4. Brilliant display:- The Galaxy tab so far boasts of the biggest screen yet for a tablet pc. At a length of 10.1 inches it surpasses iPad2's 9.7 inches. With a 1280x800 WXGA display and a pixel density of 149 PPI(pixels per inch) it again trumps the Apple iPad's 1024x768 pixel resolution at 132 PPI. This effectively translates into the fact that the Galaxy tab will give you a flawless visual much better than the iPad. Further reason to ditch the iPad in favor of the Galaxy tab right?
  5. Camera:-The Galaxy tab has a 2 MP front-facing camera while the iPad possesses a 0.3 MP VGA one. The rear camera of the Galaxy tab is of 3 MP, has an auto-focus with LED flash(720p) while the iPad lacks in this department with a 0.7 MP Fixed-Focus one. 
  6. Storage and memory:- Both the Galaxy tab and the iPad come in 16/32/64 GBs storage capacities. But only the Galaxy tab boasts of a micro SD card slot which can increase your storage by another 32 GBs. This nifty feature is conspicuously absent in the iPad. Further the Galaxy tab offers you a 1 GB RAM storage whereas iPad2 possesses a mere 500 MB RAM.
  7. Battery life:-In terms of battery power and back-up too, the Galaxy tab beats the iPad2 hands down. While the Galaxy tab has a 7000 mAh inbuilt battery, the iPad has a 6750 mAh one. The Galaxy tab gives you a stand-by time of a whopping 2120 Hr(2G) and 1840 Hr(3G) to boot.
  8. Connectivity:-Both the Galaxy tab and iPad2 boast of 2G, 3G and Wifi connectivity but while Galaxy tab gives you HSDPA @ 21 Mbps and HSUPA @ 5.76 Mbps, iPad2 only manages a HSDPA @ 14.4 Mbps and HSUPA @ 2.0 Mbps.
So the gist of the matter of is, the Galaxy tab is giving you a better worth for your money than the iPad2. It is lighter, thinner with a larger and impeccable display, better battery back-up, better storage capacities and better connectivity.
If I could, I would no doubt choose the new Galaxy tab over iPad2. Gosh even the anticipation of being able to read e-books, blog on the move or keep up with my daily quota of news on the 10.1 inch screen is getting me excited. What about you?

Check this video below of the Galaxy tab 750 launch in India.


P.S:- This post has been written for Indiblogger's It's time to TAB! contest. Click here to know more about the other specifications of the Tab.
P.P.S:- Another annoying last request. Do put in a vote here if you feel this post deserves one.
Photobucket

20 comments:

Priyanka said...

I DO want that baby:(

And good luck with the contest!

Alka Gurha said...

After such an informative post I doubt that you are not a tech freak.

Red Handed said...

I am gonna get this one! Daaadddy!
Awesome description by you!

Prateek said...

Since you mentioned Android and TAB; I shall envy you.

Samadrita said...

@Priyanka: Haha me too. Some day I'll have it too. I am an Android fangirl forever. <3

@Alka: Hehe now that you mention, I'm confused myself. Actually I am not much of a gadget freak, but hey you gotta move on with the times right? :P

@Red Handed: I should squeal the same. Mummmyyyy...

@Prateek: Envy me the day I manage to get my hands on one of the above. :D

Selenium said...

Well... by iPad, I hope you mean the iPad 2. It's screen is more fun to use than any other tablet.

However, I also agree that the samsung tabs have better value of money than apple... and the acer iconia has even more value for money than the samsung tab, but it looses on the looks...

Personally, I still prefer my desktop... because many tablets still need a main PC/Laptop... the iPad does, dunno your tablet.

Rachit said...

good review of the android.. yeah the minuscule device has made our life better and much comfortable where we can get anything by just a click.

Weakest LINK

Someone is Special said...

Love your post.. and I do want this baby.. All the best for the contest.. Here is My Life

Someone is Special

☆ ayu☆ said...

whoa.truly..who would NOT want THAT????

Vivek said...

I too have Android mobile, Samsung Galaxy 3 and its does meet all my need @ the moment ..not looking for any electronic Gadget at the moment than a Good Camera ..though I bought one ( Nikon cool pix)from Amazon via a Gift coupon that I got after reviewing a Software.

All the best for the contest.

take care.

Vivek said...

After using the CUSTOM ROM FROM XDA Developer Forum ..my phone is blazing fast ..

Purba said...

All the best for the contest :) Voted...

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

When I bought my first mobile phone, its screen size was bigger than the normal multimedia phones, and I was like Whoa.
Soon, it was a small screen and I wanted a bigger one.
I owned a 19 inch TFT, and now even that seems small. So, that craving would never end.


Cheers,
Blasphemous Aesthete

CooperJal said...

Great review.

☆ ayu☆ said...

tagged! :D

UmamaheswariAnandane said...

Nice Post..I love to have this Tablet..all the best for the contest
Mine:An Indiblogger's Story

Manish said...

Hi Samadrita

Your article provides insight how a TAB can be useful for a common man. Very good. All the best. If you like my blog, you can promote it.
http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=73406

Manish V. Panchmatia

Samadrita said...

@Selenium: Yep I did indeed mean the ipad2. Who will buy the ipad1 now?

@Rachit: It certainly has. I can't imagine life without my Android now.

@Someone is Special: Yes I've read your post and voted too. All the best for the contest. :-)

@ayu: Exactly. Who wouldn't? but then again all tabs look the same...almost. But the Galaxy tab is different from those.

@vivek: Ah I heard somewhere that a Nikon coolpix is a bad camera. Anyway thanks for the wishes!

@Purba di: Thanks. :D

Samadrita said...

@BA: You're indeed right. The craving never ends. I should be thankful that my screen size is atleast better than a Blackberry's. But I'm not. :D

@CooperJal: Thanks.

@ayu: Ooh I totally missed this tag of yours.

@UmamaheswariAnandane: Same to you!

@Manish: I'll check out that post of yours. And thanks!

Arun N said...

Your points are crisp and superb. Samsung Tab 750 rocks. All the best.

Vote mine if it deserves Samsung Galaxy Tab 750 Review

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...