Thursday, September 17, 2009

Of highs and lows


I do not seem to be at my creative best these days. In fact I don't feel like doing anything at all. I am not happy. I ain't even sad. I am just stuck somewhere in the middle.
Have any of you ever felt that way? - Stagnant? Bored? Inanimate?
It's kind of like being injected with chloroform. It takes away the pain. But it also dulls all your other senses.
I don't like it. I'd rather have the agony. Atleast that won't make me feel so....dead.
I mean, these days I'm so bored you'll find me on Facebook playing stupid games like Farmville and Yoville.
I don't even know why I'm indulging in these inane activities.
It's like I want to escape from something. Or maybe everything.
*sigh* I think I need a vacation.
Anyway before I bore you any further with this whining let me fulfill the purpose of making this post which is to thank Sreya.
For this-



My first award.
No need to mention that I'm extremely happy, ecstatic, over the moon, lated...yada yada.
I seriously am. I mean, who wouldn't like to be at the receiving end when it comes to awards and accolades?
So thanks again Sreya. You are a wonderful blogger yourself! :)
But this award comes with a rule which clearly tells me to pass this on to a few bloggers of my choice. Obviously these awards are meant to be spread across the blogosphere. And that's really nice.
But the sad part is my screwed-up brain hasn't been able to come up with these names yet.
And I need more time to think.
So can you hang on guys? I just want the most deserving people to have it. :)
And the moment I'm able to figure out who to hand this award to, I'll edit this post and insert the names.

Weird, but I feel kind of better now. I guess venting out always helps.
Meanwhile I've gotten my hands on Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol. I'm only on page 23...and the beginning was okay kinda. Let's see how this one turns out.

So back to the book then.

But before I leave I just want to say a big thank you to all my blogger (and I don't mean the 'blogger' site) friends and acquaintances for coming here, taking care to read whatever I type and sometimes being kind enough to leave comments and occasionally handing out an award. :P
Sometimes I can't keep up with all your posts since I'm following so many of you. But I promise to try my best.

So then keep blogging all of you! :)


Sig 2

21 comments:

Nightwing said...

what's happening to you is called being bored...it is a common happening to lazy jobless people....i have experienced it many times...no need to get alarmed...
congrats once again on the award...your blog is really beautiful and you have earned this award....

as for The Lost Symbol...i am up to page 46 and it's really gripping....keep reading...Dan Brown in top form....

Guria said...

You are reading The Lost Symbol!! I am dying to get my hands on one!! :P

Congratulations on the award!

I am almost as bored as you! :P

If I am quick enough (which is difficult) you will have to do another post on awards. :D

Take care and do not do a review on the book! :D

SiMbA tAgO said...

what a coincidence... how come so many people are having the nostalgia at the same time... even i'm having the same state....

anyways...being boring is really boring...
congo for the award...

kip posting..greats

Samadrita said...

@Nightwing:Yea I guess so.But this hasn't happened to me before.Weird feeling really.
And about the book..I intended to read all morning but in the couldn't.
So I'm only on to page 23.Or maybe I'm deliberately trying to take things slow.

@Guria:Lol ok ok no review until you get your hands on it.I have the ebook btw...you want it?

@SiMbA tAgO:Thank you.I just checked your blog and found out for myself.Being bored is really boring indeed. :P

Ranjith said...

You are not alone with this funny feeling, as you call it. Congrats on getting hold of this award. You deserve it. :-)

Sayandeep Kundu said...

A sudden pause to this creative journey is quite natural..but this saturation is nothing but the fruit of a toiling mind constantly trying to "create" things...take a leave from this "creation job" for some days..u'll be back at ur creative best..and that's quite sure..

Samadrita said...

@Ranjith:Thanks a bunch :)

@Sayandeep:That sure makes me feel better! :)

Sid 'Ravan' Kabe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sid 'Ravan' Kabe said...

Congrats on ur award...and ur blog is simply ossum!!!

Samadrita said...

@Sid:Thank you! :)

Quintessence Of Illusion said...

congrats..............for ya vry 1st award.......newaz um dyin ta read the lost symbol

outdoor.mom said...

i know how you feel. get outside, go for a walk in some fresh air away from people (lol) (i couldn't get away from people the whole time i was in india!)
Maybe the ocean or a pretty forest would work. Anyway, go see something inspiring and you will be inspired again :-)

Samadrita said...

@outdoor.mom:You know what?That's exactly what I need.But a vacation needs some prior planning and stuff...so will have to do with getting inspired on my own.
Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

Samadrita said...

@Writu:Thanks girl!I'm still reading the book and it's pretty damn good.

Karthik said...

The only horrible thing in the world is ennui. That is the one sin for which there is no forgiveness.
- Oscar Wilde
:P :D :-)
Did I hear 'The Lost Symbol?' somewhere in this post?
Naaa. You must've said 'Message in a bottle,' right? (Pls say 'yes') :-)

sawan said...

its a beautiful award! congratz :)

Samadrita said...

@Karthik:Uh what do you mean by that?Can't a girl read both 'Message in a Bottle' n 'The Lost Symbol'?
Gosh all you men are the same-clueless about the feminine psyche.

@sawan:Thanks! :)

Karthik said...

Oye, didn't mean it that way. I just got jealous of you reading The Lost Symbol, for I still haven't been able to get my hands on it. So I just refused to hear the name of that book. :-(
Chill, girl! I am not a male chauvinist. :-)

Samadrita said...

@Karthik:Ohkay that's fine then.But I still am a li'l offended.C'mon just because I read 8 romance novels in a week doesn't mean that romance is the only genre that attracts me. :(
Anyway you're not missing out on much...coz The Lost Symbol is not as good as The Da Vinci Code or even Angels and Demons.Somehow the plot is quite predictable and it doesn't keep the reader interested.Or maybe it's just me.

Karthik said...

Whoa whoa whoa! I never said that :( I've been going through your blog for quite some time now (including last year's posts)and I know you are a voracious reader. A girl who reads from Kafka to Stephen King, Jane Austen to Dan Brown. So trust me I know. I know you read all genres. :) When I talked about you reading romance novels, I was just pulling your leg. No offense. Just for fun. (Erich Segal is one of my fav authors :D :) )
And when it comes to The Lost Symbol, well, some authors' books are like those that are mentioned in our university syllabus copies. Compulsory reading! Don't you think? :P

P.S. I liked your short story very much. I have commented on that and some other posts too. (Just in case you haven't checked) :-)
Cheerios! ;-)

Samadrita said...

@Karthik:Okay dude guess I misunderstood you then.Erich Segal your favorite?The only Erich Segal I've read is Love Story which I'm sorry to say didn't impress me that much.
Maybe sometime I'll try reading Acts of Faith or something I guess.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...