Monday, August 31, 2009

8 Things About Me

Okay first of all thanks a bunch Sreya for tagging me.Unlike you this is my first tag...or is it? :P
Well in any case this is the first time I've actually come across a post where someone has tagged me.
So here I go...
8 TV SHOWS I LOVE TO WATCH

1. Gilmore Girls(without this show I wouldn't be the same girl really)
2. LOST(ah do I need to tell you why I like this show?)
3. Bones(two words-David Boreanaz :P)
4. Curious Play/Fushigi Yuugi(the anime that touched me the most inspite of the drama overdose)
5. X-Men Evolutions(ah my favorite Cartoon Network show)
6. Heidi(show on CN)
7. Friends
8. Full House


8 FAVORITE PLACES TO EAT

1. Home(nothing like a meal at home with some tv for company)
2. The Haldiram's opposite college(food is horrible but anything tastes heavenly when you are with friends)
3. Bedouin(me and my girl gang end up here often when we are short of pocket-money)
4. Starstruck(thank you Adrija for introducing me to this place)
5. Fuchka/Panipuri at Lake Market
6. Food-court at Mani Square
7. Friends' places
8. Anywhere with mom

8 THINGS THAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY

1.Read a bit of Dreamcatcher,got spooked out again and bookmarked page 144
2. Watched Taylor Swift's 'You belong with me' video 5 times at a stretch
3. Organized closet to again realize the fact that I've way too many clothes
4. Watched Kaminey
5. Listed down books I need to buy
6. Made an effort to finish pending lab-work and failed miserably(did it today :P)
7. Had a really really weird dream
8.Had a chat with my neighbor

8 THINGS I LOOK FORWARD TO

1. Cracking the civil services exam and becoming a bureaucrat
2. Learning to cook some proper food :P
3. Getting more readers to comment on my blog
4. Author atleast one best-seller (I know I can..)
5.Seeing Celine Dion perform live(hey a girl can dream *sigh*)
6. Making mom the happiest mom on earth
7. Attending a Catholic wedding
8.Achieving success in most things I do

8 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT WINTER

1.Finally getting to wear jackets
2. Snuggling inside a warm blanket
3. Absence of sweat
4. Christmas :D
5. Pleasant weather
6. Steaming hot coffee(tastes the best during this time)
7. Pithe (rice pancakes)
8.Outings with family and friends

8 THINGS ON MY WISH-LIST

1.A closet full of ONLY handbags :P
2. My own personal library with thousands of books
3.A very very big apartment in a decent neighborhood
4. Shoes by Jimmy Choos
5. Scores of anime and movie DVDs
6. A 10 mbps(or more) net connection :P
7.To be on Blogger 'blogs of note'
8. A swank car(an Audi or a Volvo will do)

8 THINGS I AM PASSIONATE ABOUT

1. Reading
2.Music
3.Anime
4.Writing
5.Mum
6. Career
7. Soft drinks
8. Arguing :P


8 PHRASES OR WORDS I USE OFTEN

1.God
2.Goodnight
3.Crap
4.What the hell?
5.How sweet! :P
6.Well
7.Nice
8.Fabulous

8 THINGS I LEARNED FROM THE PAST

1.The school of pain teaches you to be patient ( framed this one based on a quote from What Katy Did)
2.True love is a myth
3.Good deeds always get rewarded
4.It's unwise to place your complete faith on someone(better be safe than sorry)
5.Equally good to drink lots of water(you don't wanna end up with stones in your kidneys do you? T_T)
6.Despite what some losers might say reading ALWAYS comes in handy
7. The best way to act cool is to be yourself :)
8.It's highly insensible to be lazing around when you have work at hand

8 PLACES I WOULD LOVE TO GO OR VISIT OR SEE

1.Egypt
2.Paris
3.Japan
4.A Kashmiri village
5.All the places of tourist attraction throughout entire Europe
6. New York(dunno why but the city has always had a magnetic appeal for me)
7.Rain-forests of the Amazon basin
8.The depths of the Atlantic Ocean(I'm talking of underwater diving)

8 THINGS I CURRENTLY NEED OR WANT

1. A sleek new wrist-watch(haven't bought one in almost 2 years :( )
2. Inspiration
3.Paperback novels to sustain me during the puja vacation
4.Urge to study
5.A surprise gift :P
6. A new haircut
7. A new keyboard :X
8. A fresh bottle of eyeliner

8 PEOPLE TO TAG

1.Atindriyo(if you don't make this post I'll kill you :X)
2.Nightwing
3.Ranjith
4.Writu
5.wisewit
6.Schrei(Tharangni)
7.Dylan(you haven't posted in a loooooong time)
8.Sayandeep




Sig 2

25 comments:

Atindriyo said...

Mirror mirror on the blogger
Stab my brains with your dagger....
:)

wisewit said...

I'll think about responding to the tag (That's never happened to me before.), but it might take a while since I've got other things to do--beginning with sending you that email I sort of promised--it's almost done.

wisewit

Ranjith said...

You will author more than one best seller, I'll give you that. -:)

Nightwing said...

reading that was a lot of fun except for the place where you tagged me and i realized i have to make a post this long myself...

Sayandeep Kundu said...

the 8th thing u've learned from ur past is what i should learn from my present.... but i can't.. 'cause i am what i am..,afterall i'm cool anyways...
:)

Sayandeep Kundu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sayandeep Kundu said...

it's unwise to place complete faith on someone..hmm.. how is it to be wise enough not to trust yourself...????
i have practised this skepticism for long.. and still i find it wise enough to better my "self"..

filmisansar.com said...

Just saw you blog.. i really liked the content.. gr8 job.. jeep it going


For the latest in bollywood logon to http://www.filmisansar.com

Filmisansar has so much for the user -

1-Maximum bollywood news covering Movies,Music,Fashion and lots more..
2- Exlcusive pictures of your fav stars,Movies and on location pictures..
3- Its a filmi-social network where you can make friends,create exclusive fan communities and share your twitter updates with filmisansar users..You can add some superb applications.
4 Movie reviews and Music reviews
5- If you dont agree with the critics reviews then write your own and share it with
filmisansar users..
6- With filmisansar forum you can discuss the latest happenings in bollywood,share news,pictures etc
7- Registered user of filmisansar get there own profile and you can have a very bolly fun..
8- Based on user clicks..Top 10 movies of the week are shown..
9- POLLS, Video Zone , Wallpapers, Movie database , Actor profiles and lots more stuff just for you..

Logon to http://www.filmisansar.com and register for free..

Saim said...

comprehensive list:)

urge to study is a perennial want which never gets heeded though:D
Best seller...y not?
Celine Dion...u nvr knw:)

nice read!!!

Samadrita said...

@Atindriyo:You still haven't made that post. :X

@wisewit:Wow so you actually typed out a mail for the story I wrote?Thank you so much.Did you send it already?
And hey take your time.You may respond to the tag anytime you want to. :)

@Ranjith:Thanks a lot for saying that.True or not that certainly did boost my confidence. :)

Samadrita said...

@Sayandeep:It's hard to explain.In a way I believe in myself and in a way I don't.I'm too much of a mixture of opposites and full of contradictions.
And hey I tagged you.Where's the tag post? :P

@fimisansar:Thanks a lot for paying a visit.I'm not much into Bollywood but I'll check out your site anyway.Looking forward to reading more such comments by you :)

@Saim:You sure made me feel more optimistic than I was before.Thanks :)

Sayandeep Kundu said...

http://assayan.blogspot.com
:P

Sayandeep Kundu said...

check the above link..

sayandeep kundu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sayandeep Kundu said...

here's my tag post..:P

Pilland said...

Your report is very interesting indeed.
I invite You to see a great collection of views of borders (riigipiirid) in my Italian-Estonian site http://www.pillandia.blogspot.com
Helping text in 30 different languages too.
Best wishes from Italy!

Samadrita said...

@Sayandeep:Lol that's not a tag post.In order to respond to a tag you need to make the same post as me...I mean not copy-paste what I typed but talk about YOUR 8 favorite places to eat,8 favorite shows and so on...you get me na?

Pilland:Saw your blog. :)

Quintessence Of Illusion said...

cool..........hey ya shuld defntly wrte a book......n um serus

Samadrita said...

@Writu:I fully intend to do that some day.Thanks for the encouragement. :)

wisewit said...

Yeah, I sent you an email a few days ago but I'm afraid it might have ended up in a spam trap. :( You might not realize the email came from me because my email address doesn't have wisewit in it anywhere. (I would rather not give it out in public--that helps to keep down spam.) Anyway look for an email with a subject line of: 'wisewit: Suggestions for "Stranger of The night"'.

If you can't find it, I can always send it again.

wisewit

workhard said...

I just love 8 things on ur wishlist.. closet full of handbags.. im drooling...

Domain registration india

Samadrita said...

@wisewit:I checked my inbox and my spam folder-both.But no mail. :(
Can you resend it?

@workhard:Lol same here.Stylish handbags can make me drool any given day. :P

wisewit said...

I have posted my response to your tag on Winding Stair. I also hope to have another post to direct at you pretty soon, but it's taking more work than I expected. :) Stay tuned.

wisewit

Samadrita said...

@wisewit:Saw both your posts just now and commented. :)

sawan said...

the best thing i read here is ur wish to crack the civil services exam! i mean wow!! all the very best!

anything and everything seems to be a myth until u come face to face with it! i wish u get a chance to change ur thought soon! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...