Sunday, June 28, 2009

Just a few words

I don't know why sleep has been so completely eluding me for the past few days.And yesterday night was no different.So instead of lying on my bed and fidgeting with my pillow I decided to try my hand at 55 word fiction.You've heard about it right?-Duh it's a piece of fiction within 55 words.To know more click here.
So here are my first attempts at creating something meaningful out of 55 words.See if you like these.Comments will be appreciated.

Despair and Hope

She stood motionless in the rain,just like a wax-sculpture.The rain-drops had seeped through every inch of her clothing but she could only feel her hot tears.
Just as she were about to fall apart a warm hand curled around hers and she heard a familiar,soothing voice whisper,'It's gonna be okay.'

That Girl

We always played together in the sunny afternoons-me and her.She had the most wonderful smile ever but people only noticed her scarred face.
Years passed by and it was my wedding day.
Bidding her goodbye I said,'Soon you'll be gone too.'
She just smiled and replied,'Nobody marries an ugly girl.'



Sig 2

11 comments:

Atindriyo said...

The second one is awesome...even the first one is quite nice...Way to go!!!

Daone said...

hmm. liked the ugly girl one.

Nightwing said...

the second one is very good....prathom-ta is ok.....

wisewit said...

I usually like stories with a happy ending better, but, for some reason, the second one seems to work better. I guess it shocked me into thinking more, although it also made me a bit mad. There are people who marry ugly girls (and aren't doing it just to take advantage of them or because they have no choice), but I'm afraid it's true that many people, and society in general, do tend to think that way.

wisewit

Samadrita said...

@Atindriyo,Daone,Nightwing:Thanks guys!

@wisewit:An ugly girl is always an outcast.She doesn't belong anywhere.Because society tends to believe/expect that all women should be pretty and perfect.In the rare cases where ugly girls get married is when their fathers offer the groom a reasonable amount of cash or something else in exchange for having his daughter.As if she is a piece of junk he has to get rid of.This is how things are in our society.

NesQuarX said...

Well, Instead of echoing every one and choosing a favourite. I applaud your effort put in it.

Being an ardent minimalist I really do appreciate so much being told in so less.

Samadrita said...

Why thank you!

Abyss said...

The 2nd one is awesome. Keep up the good work.
And thank you for informing me about 55-word fiction. Didn't know such a thing existed. Sounds exciting. :)

Samadrita said...

@Abyss:Thanks a lot.Actually I came across the concept of 55-word fiction while browsing through different blogs on blogger.It's quite popular across the blogosphere now-a-days.

Quintessence Of Illusion said...

this is one is great..........loved it

Samadrita said...

@Writu:Thanks girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...